Gordon Cheng 4/15/18
PD 9
My group's chose the topic "Drug Addiction". This topic is important to me because drug addiction is a serious problem in our society. Drug addiction causes many health and life issues. It could cause people to have long and short term health issues. Attention need to be brought to drug addiction because one may cause another to begin to use drugs. I believe this problem exist in our world because people want a way out of depression and dress in life. Parents may be using it which may also influence their children to use drugs. This would be a reason why this problem occurs today in society.
I believe our news report was an effective way to address the issue. Our news report was an effective way to address this satirical topic because in our news report, we use three satirical techniques parody, hyperbole, and invective. In this project I contributed by writing the purpose for our group paper. I will also be playing one of the characters in the video.
PD 9
My group's chose the topic "Drug Addiction". This topic is important to me because drug addiction is a serious problem in our society. Drug addiction causes many health and life issues. It could cause people to have long and short term health issues. Attention need to be brought to drug addiction because one may cause another to begin to use drugs. I believe this problem exist in our world because people want a way out of depression and dress in life. Parents may be using it which may also influence their children to use drugs. This would be a reason why this problem occurs today in society.
I believe our news report was an effective way to address the issue. Our news report was an effective way to address this satirical topic because in our news report, we use three satirical techniques parody, hyperbole, and invective. In this project I contributed by writing the purpose for our group paper. I will also be playing one of the characters in the video.
1. I liked how you guys used situational irony in which the teacher had the class discuss why they should not use drugs, but then the teacher himself does.
ReplyDelete2. Your presentation was creative and positive body language was reflected throughout the whole video.
I enjoyed the use of reversal in your presentation as william plays a female character. This satirical device helped emphasize the ridiculousness of the frequent use of drugs by teachers. I also enjoyed your acting especially when you started smoking.
ReplyDeleteA) I enjoyed your group's use of situational irony in the presentation. By having the teacher disapprove the use of drugs, you set up the situational irony by having the teacher use drugs anyways. This really brought humor to the presentation and helped convey the purpose of the presentation very well. It showed the severity of the problem of drug addiction on society.
ReplyDeleteB) Something that I loved about your presentation was your role as the teacher in the video. The teacher smoking the humongous blunt made me and those around me laugh. By adding this detail in your video, I believe that you ere able to make your video unique.
A) Great job on using the satirical device of exaggeration.The use of exaggeration was expressed on the look of the blunt and how the teacher reacted to the students using drugs. The look of the blunt was exaggerated such that it looked really big, however in reality they are not the size of a empty paper towel roll. Also, the teacher overreacting to William smoking was exaggerated such that teachers in real life would just call a dean.
ReplyDeleteB) What I liked about the video was the makeshift blunt. This was really creative and you being the teacher having a makeshift blunt made out of bathroom paper towels was funny.